There are many types of travel insurance available with HL Assurance Singapore and people can purchase the one which is affordable and suitable for them. Here are the situations where travel insurance is of great help.
- If the reservation did is non-refundable and the trip has to be shortened due to some emergency in the family.
- If there is a loss of baggage or documents.
- If a flight has been missed due to any reason.
- If there is a medical emergency.
- If the policyholder dies in an accident.
Types of Travel Insurance
In this article, we will discuss different types of travel insurance that people can avail of.
Cancellation of the trip or its delay or interruption
If the trip of a policyholder is canceled due to any reason, he will get reimbursement from the travel insurance company. All the prepaid and non-refundable expenses are covered in this insurance. If the policyholder cancels his trip due to any medical reasons or problems in the family, all his expenses will be reimbursed.
Trip interruption insurance covers the cost of that portion which the policyholder has not traveled. This will include the non-refundable expenses of that portion. Trip delay insurance will cover the delay occurred due to delay in flight. The insurance company like HL Assurance Singapore will reimburse booking in hotel, and meals.
Here are some of the things which people need to check in the policy
- Check whether cancellation, delay, and interruption are covered in the policy. Some insurance companies cover all three while only one or two. The policyholder will get the payment only if he becomes ill on the way. If there are any more existing health conditions, the company may or may not pay for the same.
- People can opt for other things in the policy after paying extra charges. One of them is canceled for any reason. In this case, if the policyholder cancels the trip due to any medical emergency or anything happened in the family, it will be reimbursed.
- People need to check the limit of reimbursement that a company will provide.
Insurance covering baggage and belongings
If any personal belongings or luggage and things kept inside are damaged, this travel insurance will cover everything. If there is a delay in the arrival of damaged baggage for more than12 hours, the company reimburse for that delay too.
Here are things to be checked in this policy.
- The policy will include the amount to be covered for each traveler based on the item and its type.
- Personal belongings are also covered ion this insurance. The policyholder will also have to pay deductible for the same.
This is a type of travel insurance in which all the medical expenses during the trip have to be covered. The policyholder may get sick or injured in an accident. He has to show all the bills and everything will be reimbursed.
Here are some of the details of this policy.
- If there is any pre-existing condition, that will not be covered. Some of the injuries caused by games like skiing and horse riding are covered. If the policyholder has to take part in competitive or adventure sports, he has to purchase a separate policy for the same.
- The limit of the reimbursement can go up to $50,000.
- The policyholder will also have to pay the deductible to claim the insurance. The amount of deductible can be in the range of zero to $2,000 or even more.
Major medical insurance
This insurance plan can be purchased by those people who have to live in abroad for many months. This insurance provides a large number of things related to health.
Here are some of the details which people have to consider while buying the policy.
- The buyer has to check the type of coverage included in the policy.
- He has to check whether there is a need for deductibles or not.
- There is a limit to some of the medical plans.
Coverage of rental car
This insurance pays for the damages done to the rental car either in an accident or due to natural disasters.
Here are some of the details of this insurance.
- The coverage is done up to a certain amount.
- Liability insurance refers to damages done by the rental car to other vehicle and it is not included ion the rental car insurance.
- The buyer can check other coverage also. He can ask the company whether his injuries and damages to the belongings are covered or not.
These are some of the travel insurance which people can purchase when they are going on a business trip or tourism. These insurances can be purchased for domestic as well as international trips. People need to check the damages that are covered in each insurance and purchase the one which is suitable for them.